Updated Financial & Appointment Cancellation Missed Appointment Policy- January 2021
In an effort to ensure our valued patients are able to receive appointments in a timely manner, we have updated our scheduling and payment policies.
1. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time in order to ensure you maximize your pet's time with the doctor.
2. You may cancel your appointment without charge up to 24 hours preceding your appointment.
3. Same day cancellations or missed appointments will be charged $40 (medical appointments) and $100 (surgical appointments).
4. If you consistently do not call to cancel your appointment or do not show up for your scheduled appointment you may be charged full price for scheduled services.
5. All clients are now required to have a credit card on file. We will automatically apply any missed appointment fees to your card. Clients must bring the actual card to their appointment in order to place the card securely on file and will be asked to update the card as needed.
6. Any client who can't put a card on file will be asked to come in and pay for the appointment in full prior to being scheduled.
COVID-19 Notice- Updated 3/29/21
Please note the following changes for your next appointment:
- We will now be allowing one person per appointment in the exam room.
- When you arrive for your appointment, come to the door and we will ask you a series of health questions and take your temperature. If you have had exposure to someone with Covid-19 or are having symptoms we will ask you to stay in your car or reschedule appointment in order to protect our staff and other clients.
- We will not allow children to come into the building so you must elect curbside care if you have children.
- We will ask you to stay in the exam room until the receptionist is ready to cash you out in order to reduce congregation in the lobby.
- For those not comfortable with coming in the building, we will continue curbside care.
- If you elect curbside care, expect phone calls from blocked lines and call when you arrive and one of our staff members will come out to get your pet. We will communicate with you by phone to discuss treatment. After we are finished with your pet, he/she will be put back in the carrier and our receptionist will call for payment. Please pay with credit cards if possible. Once payment is processed your pet will be returned to you at your vehicle. We will do our best to go over medications over the phone and will provide links to videos of how to give medications.
We appreciate your patience as this is an adjustment for us as well!
Exotic Animal Clinic
Serving Patients Throughout Buffalo, Batavia, Rochester, Fredonia, Niagara Falls, Lockport, NY & Erie, PA
We are the first and only practice in Western New York, Eastern Ohio, and Western Pennsylvania exclusively devoted to the care of avian and exotic pets!
Dr. Wade (Board Certified Avian Specialist), Dr. Reed, Dr. Lewis (Board Certified Mammal Specialist), and Dr. Strobel work together in the treatment of avian species, small mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and fish.
Your pet's health and well-being is our main priority and concern. Our team promises to take every step necessary to giving your pet the best possible care. Contact our team when you are looking for an exotic animal clinic serving the Buffalo, NY; Batavia, NY; Fredonia, NY; Rochester, NY; Niagara Falls, NY; Lockport, NY; and Erie, PA areas.
OUR GOAL IS to provide comprehensive healthcare for the companion bird, small mammal, and reptile. We are an exotic-only animal hospital with a wide range of services available to you and your pet. Our practice performs emergency exotic pet care as well as general health checkups, surgical cases & consultations, nutritional advisement, dental issues, and more! For new patients, we invite you to browse our new patient center, where you will find all the online forms you need.
Our bird hospital does NOT see dogs and cats, allowing our environment to be a less stressful experience for the exotic pets that we see.
If you have any questions about our practice you may call our office at 716-759-0144 during business hours, or email us and we will do our best to respond within one business day.
Please do not email us with urgent issues - calling is the best way to reach us if you have an emergency!
WHAT ARE AVIAN & EXOTIC PETS? Our patients include but are not limited to:
Birds - canaries/finches, budgerigars/parakeets, parrots of all species (including parrotlets, lovebirds, conures, quaker parrots, african grey parrots, cockatiels, cockatoos, macaws, etc), chickens and turkeys, ducks and geese, doves and pigeons, and many more...
Small mammals - rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, sugar gliders, flying squirrels, hedgehogs, chinchillas, degus, rats, gerbils, mice, hamsters, prairie dogs, and more!
Reptiles/Amphibians - bearded dragons, chinese water dragons, iguanas, chameleons, geckos, monitors, skinks, non-venomous snake species, aquatic turtles, box turtles, tortoises, frogs, toads, salamanders, newts, axolotls, all species of fish, tarantulas, hermit/other crabs, scorpions, and more!